|Did you know?|
- How much is the Tooth Fairy paying per tooth? Around $2 per tooth, according to Securian Dental Plans, an insurance provider.
- Top of the American teeth stakes in the poll for greatest looking teeth were Hollywood actors Brad Pitt and Julia Roberts.
- 50% consider the smile the first facial feature they notice
- 32% of Americans cite bad breath as the least attractive trait of their co-workers.
- 38.5 = the total days an average American spends brushing teeth over a lifetime.
- A toothpick is the object most often choked on by Americans.
- A poll conducted in Michigan showed that Republicans, Protestants & women brush their teeth more often than Democrats, Catholics & men.
- 78% of Americans have had at least 1 cavity by age 17
Show me those pearly whites!
|British people fight the bad teeth stereotype|
Source - iEnhance.com
- British teeth are not bad, but irregular by American standards. American middle class children are normally tormented with gratuitous cosmetic dentistry to make them look like Stepford wives, so that any dental individuality is regarded as strange. An American woman I know whose parents resisted this fashion was bullied at school for her "bad" teeth, although she doesn't have a filling in her head at the age of 45.
- Surely this stereotype has arisen out of the American preoccupation of spending large amounts of money on having their teeth done, a pastime which, like cosmetic surgery, the British find too vain to become involved in.
- Its not that ours are bad but that Americans are obsessive about their's. Its catching on here too with just about all kids getting fitted with braces. Don't remember anyone at my school who had a brace. Notice that Austin Powers has snaggly teeth reflecting the American view of a Brit.
|Cavities: NA||Value: $0|
|How did we calculate your results?|
Both men and women were penalized a small amount for the number of cavities they had.
|How Tooth Whitening Works|
The bleaching gel is usually hydrogen or carbamide peroxide that breaks down into oxygen molecules. These molecules go into the tiny pores of the enamel and dentin, and break up the stains that block out the light. As the stains are broken into smaller and smaller pieces, more light passes through the teeth and makes them look lighter. Stains that are accumulated over time that are yellow to slightly brown produce the best results. Teeth that are dark brown to blue-gray are the most difficult to bleach because the stain is deeply embedded into the tooth’s structure. These types of stains are usually caused by medications taken during the development of the teeth such as tetracycline, and can take a minimum of three weeks to see results, and as much as six months for complete results. Depending on the bleaching gel used and the length of time it is worn, results can be seen within an hour, overnight or within three to four days. Source - iEnhance.com